Looking for a great name for your Greyhound dog? This list of Cool Greyhound names: Luna, Bella, Charlie, Penny, Lily, Lucy, Daisy, Lola….
The name “Greyhound” is generally believed to come from the Old English grighund. “Hund” is the antecedent of the modern “hound”, but the meaning of “grig” is undetermined, other than in reference to dogs in Old English and Old Norse
Greyhounds are the sleek and elegant sprinting machines of the dog world, who run fast and snooze even harder.
it is a gentle and intelligent breed whose combination of long, powerful legs, deep chest, flexible spine and slim build allows it to reach average race speeds exceeding 64 kilometres per hour.
Males are usually 71 to 76 centimetres (28 to 30 in) tall at the withers, and weigh on average 27 to 40 kilograms. Females tend to be smaller, with shoulder heights ranging from 66 to 71 centimetres and weights from 25 to 34 kilograms, although weights can be above and below these average weights.
Greyhounds have very short fur, which is easy to maintain. There are approximately thirty recognized color forms, of which variations of white, brindle, fawn, black, red and blue (gray) can appear uniquely or in combination.
Maybe you’ve just brought home one of these pups, or maybe you’re planning to adopt soon. Whatever the case may be, your new best friend needs the best name, and you’re in the right place!
We have detailed below our selection of puppy and Greyhound dog names – we hope you will find just the right name for your pet!
Top 20 Male Greyhound Names
One of the cute, exotic or cool male Greyhound Dog or Puppy Names may be ideal for a tiny little puppy.
Top 20 Female Greyhound Names
One of the cute, exotic or cool female Greyhound Dog or Puppy Names may be ideal for a tiny little puppy.
Speed greyhound dog Names
Greyhounds are the sleek and elegant sprinting machines of the dog world, who run fast and snooze even harder. We’ve rounded up the most popular speed greyhound names of the year.
- El Nino
- Paint Ball
- Pitty Pat
Hound greyhound Names
There are many types of hound dogs out there, and even more names for them. Choosing a name for your hound is a tough job, and one that requires plenty of inspiration. So to help you out, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite hound dog names.
Cute greyhound names
If you think one cute dog name is a perfect fit—and your lungs won’t tire from saying it, and your dog won’t get confused hearing it—go for it!
Italian greyhound names
Looking for the best Italian Greyhound names for your new pup?
- Ig or Iggy – the nickname of many Italian Greyhounds.
- Cario – Meaning caring, which many Greyhounds are.
- Rocco – A dog who likes to rest will suit this name.
- Piccolo – Small, perfectly suited to the small Italian Greyhound.
- Massimo – Great. Just like your dog will surely be.
- Bambino – Baby. Of course your dog will be the baby of the family.
- Leonardo – Lion, just as strong as your dog will be.
- Alessandro – Defender of man, any large and tough dog is.
- Angelo – Angel. It just sounds that much more tough in Italian, doesn’t it?
- Gino – Noble, a good trait for a dog to have.
- Lucan – Also meaning “light”. Your dog will be your light.
- Marquise – A noble ranking – below a duke and above an earl.
- Romeo – For the romantic owners.
- Sergio – Attendant, though your dog will definitely mean more than that to you.
- Andrea – Meaning manly. Hey, a dog can be manly!